Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Aaaargh! Covid Strikes Me Again - Or Maybe It Never Really Left

                                                                             



 Janice is now thankfully recovering from her bout with Covid, but now    I appear to have gotten an even worse iteration. Is it possible I escaped the initial infection e.g.


with only mild fatigue and loss of taste, then got clobbered by a higher viral load after Janice got it from me?  The revived plague began Monday evening with severe congestion, coughing, sneezing and what for all intents appeared to be just a nasty cold. But then Janice ran a Covid home test this morning - barely 10 minutes ago - and the test came out with an even bolder, darker red test line (against the lighter reference line) confirming Covid with an even higher viral load.  My theory, as I noted, is I caught the bug back from Janice, i.e.


After she got it from me. Never mind the basis, it just feels like an awful cold - and with the non-stop sneezing I am sure it can't be doing very well for my cholesteotoma, e.g.


So what to do?  Well, I can't go out anywhere that's for sure, and I need to keep dosing with whatever I can use (e.g. Nyquil) to keep the worst aspect of congestion at bay, especially if it means getting sound sleep. Which I didn't get last night.(Constantly trying to clear air pathways in order to breathe.)  

On the plus side at least I am not wracked with the excruciating body aches Janice had ...yet. We will see where it goes, but definitely looks like it was a good idea to cancel our appearance at the Mensa annual Xmas dinner party this Saturday night.

Your faithful blogger signing off for now and hoping to be rid of the pestilence sometime in the near future.  Keep the faith, and get those Covid booster shots!


See Also:


And:


         Why You Are More Likely to Get Sick This Winter


             Excerpt:

                  Covid-19 is settling in as a wintertime fixture, and infections are expected to rise again as the weather cools and holiday gatherings pile up. The virus is on a collision course with the seasonal scourges of flu and respiratory syncytial virus, or RSV, which are circulating again after the pandemic disrupted their spread.  The risk? More infections, more disruptions to schools, work and holidays and more strain on hospitals than before the pandemic. Covid has raised the baseline for winters to come. 


                And:

No comments: